If you’re looking to rent a commercial generator, you’ll need to know a few important pieces of information before you make a call to a generator rental company such as Kinsley.
Having the following information on hand will save you time, save you money, help us determine the appropriate rental industrial generator for your needs, and ensure the entire rental process goes as smoothly as possible.
First, the basics. We will need to know:
- What you will be using the generator for (emergency, natural disaster, planned outage, event, etc.).
- When you need the generator. (We can usually have a unit available within two to four hours of customer authorization).
- How long you will need the generator. (We can rent by the day, week, month, or even up to a year.)
- Where you want the generator delivered. (We provide rental generators to customers anywhere in the United States but primarily in Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, and other regions of the Northeast.)
- How many hours per week or month you plan to run the generator (an estimate is fine).
- Payment information. (We have a variety of payment options.)
Next, you’ll need to provide details about the technical specifications you require for your generator, including:
- Kilowatt (kW) size and voltage (kVA) required. (We have rental generators in various sizes, from 20 kW to 2 megawatt (MW).)
- Amperage draw. (Pay attention to in rush of motor stating loads)
- Current voltage (120/240, 120/208, or 277/480).
- Voltage phase (single phase or three phase).
- Whether you will need to rent cables as well, and if so how many feet the unit will be from the electrical connection
- Does your facility have a quick connect tap box or will an electrician make the connections?
- Whether you will need any additional equipment, such as auxiliary fuel tanks, distribution boxes, loadbanks, transformers, etc.
- Will you need a Kinsley technician on site to assist with setting up the generator and provide operating instructions?
- A certificate of insurance listing Kinsley Power Systems as a co-insured.
- Customers are not authorized to service KPS owned equipment. The estimated run time hours will trigger a quote for L2 services performed on site
Once you’ve gathered all the information you need, give Kinsley Rentals a call at 866-393-3704 or request a rental generator quote online. We have a wide range of reliable, high quality commercial generators on hand to suit your exact needs.